So this is grace  

Posted by Artimus Jones

I am frusterated. There it is, three simple words that sums up everything I am feeling at the moment. the only problem is that I don't know that I can put words to the reason(s) why I am frustrated that would do that/those reason(s) justice. I guess I might as well try.

This is what I have been thinking about lately. Am I who I say I am? And that question invariably calls up the question, Am I who I think I am? No, I don't believe I am.

I walk around claiming to be a follower of Christ. But everyday it seems I turn my back on Him in some way. And as if that wasn't bad enough, afterwards I really desire to feel His arms around me or feel His hand on my back and have Him tell me its alright. And the worst part is... He does!!! He forgives me, everytime I come crawling back to Him, He forgives me, and gives me a hug, and tells me its alright. He knows I will probably turn my back on Him again, but He still takes me back. I don't understand that. I guess that is what you call grace.

-Art

This entry was posted on 5/30/05 at Monday, May 30, 2005 . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

1 comments

Anonymous  

I'm going to go ahead and suggest a song for this...haha.


Jeremy Camp-Take You Back


Overplayed, I know, but I can always relate life to a song somehow. It's so true (especially feel it if you watch the video for that song) that God will take you back no matter WHAT you do (or don't do). I just went through the valley...the last 2 weeks have been crap. I was sinning by not having faith that God could take care of me. He controls my breathing and I was afraid He couldn't get me food for the week. Obviously He got me food and MORE than took care of me. And today...when I crawled back into His arms....He was right there to snatch me up into His big bear hug. :) That's the beauty of His Grace. We don't deserve it. Not even at all. But Christ was like, I don't care. I'm taking care of you....so let me!!!!!!


Ok, my rant is done. :) Glad you are back on track though.....

3:28 PM

Post a Comment